HOMEMADE SALSA
What to do with end of summer peppers?? Make Homemade salsa....of course πΆπ
I was selling my breads at The Pepper Festival this weekend and came across so many different ways to use peppers and so many different pepper varieties. Who knew how many peppers there are.....it's amazing!!
A gentleman I have come to know grows peppers sustainably in his backyard in Auburn and gave me 2 California Reapers and 3 XXX peppers to try and create something with in exchange for one of my breads......good deal π€
I had the rest of the ingredients at home to make a salsa so that's what I decided to do......π₯
I blended tomatoes, onions, mint (homegrown in my backyard), garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and of course.....the peppers. The result was not for the weak stomached let me tell you!
The California Reaper Pepper is one of the hottest peppers around at 2,200,000 scoville units (heat scale)......Now, keep in mind that the jalapeno pepper has 8,000 scoville units.....so.....you can see how insanely HOT π₯this pepper is. The XXX pepper is not even on the scale, so you can imagine how Hot π₯π₯that one is π
The salsa came out fresh, delicious, full of flavor, and obviously extremely HOT.
If you like heat, you'll love this pepper/salsa!! If not, stick with the jalapeno.
Whatever heat level you desire, it's always best to make your own where you control the quality of ingredients and know where your product is coming from......Let's Keep It Real
SCOVILLE SCALE
I was selling my breads at The Pepper Festival this weekend and came across so many different ways to use peppers and so many different pepper varieties. Who knew how many peppers there are.....it's amazing!!
A gentleman I have come to know grows peppers sustainably in his backyard in Auburn and gave me 2 California Reapers and 3 XXX peppers to try and create something with in exchange for one of my breads......good deal π€
I had the rest of the ingredients at home to make a salsa so that's what I decided to do......π₯
I blended tomatoes, onions, mint (homegrown in my backyard), garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and of course.....the peppers. The result was not for the weak stomached let me tell you!
The California Reaper Pepper is one of the hottest peppers around at 2,200,000 scoville units (heat scale)......Now, keep in mind that the jalapeno pepper has 8,000 scoville units.....so.....you can see how insanely HOT π₯this pepper is. The XXX pepper is not even on the scale, so you can imagine how Hot π₯π₯that one is π
The salsa came out fresh, delicious, full of flavor, and obviously extremely HOT.
If you like heat, you'll love this pepper/salsa!! If not, stick with the jalapeno.
Whatever heat level you desire, it's always best to make your own where you control the quality of ingredients and know where your product is coming from......Let's Keep It Real
SCOVILLE SCALE

Comments
Post a Comment